Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Still on Thing #2: VoiceThread

OMGoodness! VB came over to Northbrook today, and we had the best time working on VoiceThread. One of the English Teachers will be studying Julius Caesar and will be researching various aspects of life in Ancient Rome. This, thought I, would be the most opportune time to try a VoiceThread so I have made an offering to use with students next Tuesday. I recorded my comments until I was breathless because some alien kept overtaking the microphone and commenting in the most annoying tin-can voice! I sent invitations to three friends who are obligated to comment or break off our friendship. So far, VB is still my compadre. If all goes well, you will see my VoiceThread embedded in this blog; otherwise, you can check back at a later time!

3 comments:

VWB said...

great project...stupid cmment on my part...double check how loud your speaker is ...it really needs to be louder if possible!

but you have inspired me...I want one too!

do you remember what was making uploading hard?

Grendel said...

VWB, it was a delightful comment! This was just a practice piece, and I wanted you to be the first to see it so I am glad you were proud of me! There are helpful videos about embedding VoiceThreads, and I watched several of them. I recopied the code several times. I checked to see that the VoiceThread showed up in Browse, in case that mattered. I wrote to the contact person about it but have not received a reply yet. Suddenly, it published! I had gotten the message that blogger could not be contacted so that saving and publishing might not be successful--and time after time, it wasn't! You say the sound is not good. I used a mike, and I can hear it on my laptop, but I agree that the comments need to be louder. There is probably a setting I can tweak. There is a lot more to this than one thinks! Thanks for the constructive comments! Oh, yes! There were concerns from other VoiceThread embedders that the VoiceThread is cut off the right-hand side of the
blog post, and I notice that it is. There is a fix for that which I will have to work on.

Cheryl Laucher said...

Your VoiceThread is great! I loved it - now I want to practice with it because I just kind of glanced at that tool earlier. I tried to make a comment but ended up typing it (boring) so I'll get a mic next time. Anyway, great job.