Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thing 1 and Thing 2: Posting, Posting...Is anybody there?

Lifelong learning...well, we have all heard a lot about that these past few years. My assignment is to tell you which habit is easiest and which habit is the hardest for me. Ha! Most of the time Habit #1 is no problem for me. I get bored with inventory, so I do it back to front. I read the last chapter first and don't feel guilty. On a to-do list, I usually start with 10. In this case, however, Habit #1 is the hardest for me because I seldom begin with the end in mind. I live from day to day and moment to moment and probably have never had a goal that I could verbalize. My plans always went awry anyway. So--that is the hardest one for me.

The easiest is Habit #2. I have never had problems accepting responsibility for my own learning. I have a cousin who, when he moved to Alaska, told me he took advantage of every learning opportunity so that he could find work and be able to stay in a place he loved. I took that to heart and have always taken advantage of free opportunities to learn. It always becomes one more thing I know how to do. Besides, I found out that other people pay big bucks to learn what I am taught for free!

That's enough for a first post.

1 comment:

Barry said...

And an excellent first post. Keep up the great work!