Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thing #19: Explore the Web 2.0 Awards List

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

How exciting it is to see the familiar "faces" of Technorati, del.icio.us , and LibraryThing, among others, but today I am thrilled to find Medstory. Not only is it fascinating to me personally, but I wish I had known about it this past week when the biology students were researching diseases and working on PowerPoint presentations! We had enough information just using the Library Resources Page, of course, but if this one is on the Page, I missed it!

Just type in your search term, and voila! There is all the information a person could possibly slog through! Even me. I searched for fatty liver, hemochromotosis, Tay-Sachs disease, and, oh, yes! The plague! A friend of mine is currently reading Journal of the Plague Year and was asking about the two types of plague mentioned in the book: one with buboes, and one where the victim --well, never mind. The point is that we can find out the answers here!

For those of you who are participating in the district's wellness program, try peertrainer if you need information, a sympathetic ear, and moral support.Your friends are probably tired of hearing about your wellness efforts and don't appreciate the new you!

No comments: