Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing #22: Ding Dong Ning!

Oh, this was interesting I started with the definition of a "ning." I'd never heard that term before, and when I started Thing #1, I didn't even really understand what social networking was! At least now I know that a ning is a social networking tool that brings like-minded people together, no matter where they live!

I started with Teacher Librarian Ning because I do like that term, and I feel it describes my position--somewhat! This ning is for teacher-librarians and other educators, and some of the groups appealed to me: High School TeacherLibrarians, for example, discuss the lack of help, guaranteed research experience, and "old school" library aides. What to do? Building a Culture of Collaboration revolved around disseminating and implementing the AASL Standards for the 21st Century learner, flexible scheduling, and approaches to teaching information literacy. These are subjects that all of us wrestle with, apparently. It's nice to have company but maybe not so nice that we are all familiar with the problems!

I thought I would try to make a ning, so have a look at Nontraditional Old Maid Librarians!
It is just a start, I know, but it is fun, and the next one I make can be the "really good one!"

No comments: