Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thing #20: I Tube, You Tube, We Tube, Teacher Tubes....



I received an email this morning from a senior English teacher who asked me to gather resources for a unit dealing with the Vietnam War. Since I was in the mood to play and since the firewall doesn't block Teacher Tube, I engaged in a little detective work! I searched for both Viet Nam and Vietnam, and almost immediately I stumbled upon this lesson plan incorporating primary source research and technology for Tim O'Brian's The Things They Carried. I hope it is embedded properly, and I hope you like it.

Although I dutifully searched for library and libraries and even more dutifully viewed what I found, what I really wanted to see on You Tube was a performance video of Anna Pavlova, and I found one! I was in heaven! Her technique was sadly lacking, but she danced so expressively and had such lovely arms and hands that she was a joy to behold! I am absolutely sold on You Tube now, and I wish I could see it at school!

1 comment:

Terry said...

You're almost done! Go to You Tube (at home) and search Escalator. The first one should have a man in a suit standing there. View it. Laugh.