Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thing #23: Cliff Notes

Oh, this has been a treasured learning experience! Thank you for making me get off my duff and tackle these "things!" Our RCE librarian is one who always just jumps in and does something with new technology--remember the "teases?" I really envied that attitude, and although it is not a "native born" trait, I feel that I am developing into the kind of person and librarian I want and need to be.

It feels so good to have done this and to understand the terminology that our geeky kids seem to have been born knowing. Today I complimented a student for helping me clean up a mess on one of the computers, and I asked him how he had become so knowledgeable about computers. He replied, "Well, I ought to be! I've sat in front of them for 11 years!" I thought, "Well, we have probably sat in front of computers the same number of years, but you are light years ahead of me. How did that happen? How did I let that happen?"

4 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations...I hope you keep playing and sharing with us all!

Terry said...

Congratulations! You have always been willing to step in and learn the next thing. You're just quieter about it! Have the water bottle and towel ready when I cross the finish line. I'm pretty sure you can wait til next month though!

Kay said...

I can't believe that you are finished. I am in awe. I am only on thing 12. It just takes me too long to do all of these things because I get so lost in them.

Born to Travel said...

I recognized your avatar. I am finsihed too. Happy Dog Dance. ( except for the podcast- the computer said no and I agreed)