Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing # 6: iTouch Apps


This was a real learning experience. I am still reeling from the wealth of information that can be delivered via this small, nearly flat device. Hoping to save myself a trip to the mall on a hot summer afternoon, I asked the summer school students if any of them had an iTouch. There were a few hands raised, but the students said they hadn't brought them to school. Right.

Suddenly one of the students working on Plato said, "That blue-haired computer guy has one!"That blue-haired computer guy patiently showed me how the iTouch works and how to download apps. Easy. It seems easy. But if iTouch is so easy, why does it need a 98 page instruction booklet? 98 pages is hardly a booklet. Tome.

Anyway, an iTouch would be anyone's dream come true. It is too bad I have to think of educational uses for it when I want to grab it out of blue-hair's hands and play, play, play!


1 comment:

Just Married kc said...

I know this all too well! I recently purchased an iPhone myself. It is fun and also extremely convenient. I don't blame you for wanting to play! After all, aren't we supposed to? (Habit 7 1/2) : )