Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing # 7: Whiskers on kittens

I am trying to remember the lyrics to the Sound of Music song--you know, the one about the rain drops and whiskers on kittens--these are a few of my favorite things.... Anyway, blinkx.com was a perfect place to make a wall of videos representing my favorite things. Let's see. Metallica, Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly, the Kirov, Baryshnikov and Twilight.

Safe Search was turned on, and when I spot checked Metallica for language, I didn't hear anything that would make me cringe! Making a wall is really easy. One simply selects the videos and clicks on "make a wall!" I avoided YouTube videos even though they were great. Since they cannot be viewed at school, readers might suffer keen disappointment if they couldn't see Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers! I also noticed that I had some duplication, probably my fault, and some of the wall is cut off on the right-hand side in the blog. Other than that, everything works great!


I am compelled to offer this additional note: At home, it all works; at school, it is iffy. There is an obnoxious Dept. of Public Safety ad about your license plate that pops up at inopportune moments, and Kirk Hammett of Metallica fame seems to be on a loop about Metallica's Hall of Fame experience. In fact, I experienced Baryshnikov dancing Nutcracker with Kirk speaking in the background. While that is not exactly impossible to imagine, it is difficult!

If you haven't tried blinkx.com then I hope you will! Please share some of your favorite things!

3 comments:

VWB said...

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...drop by sometime, I'll sing you the entire score!

The only thing missing from your list is the rats!

Grendel said...

I took care of that just for you!

Cheryl Laucher said...

Metallica?!