Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #10: Online Image Generator



Ah, smell the roses....It will soon be Valentine's Day, and, in the library, I will be featuring literature's great romantic duos. Over the 3-day weekend, I attempted to view one of the greatest of all time--Romeo and Juliet--but I couldn't get through it. The film starred Norma Shearer and Leslie Howard. Juliet, Norma Shearer, was 37, and Leslie Howard as Romeo was a real stretch, too. Despite their talent, they were just too old to be convincing! Suggestions for great YA romances will be gratefully accepted!

Since I have already used the trading card maker several times, I tried Happy Face Generator and Comic Strip. I didn't get much done with the Happy Faces, but I made my little anime girl with the Comic Strip Generator and feel that it will be useful in the future.

One of my students has pretty designs shaved into? onto? his head. It doesn't appear to violate our dress code, and I kinda like it. I tell him I am going to put a design on my head when I retire! Image Chef allows me to see how I would look!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

2 comments:

VWB said...

a motorcycle and a shaved head...I can't wait!
Can't help much with the romances...I only know the same ol' same ones that I know you already know...and i know you know about the "hot" trilogy...if not I know someone who will fill you in (maybe several someones!)
I like your anime poster idea!

Mrs. Frizzle said...

You have some great posters too! Thank you for your comments and feel free to swipe away. I forgot to post one of my funniest ones. So I will still need to do that.
I love the shaved head. That would get some attention in a high school or junior high library for sure!