Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thing #7A: Full Metal Alert

This posting has taken me a long time to prepare because over Winter Break, I fell and broke my glasses. Not being able to read or see television allowed me to hone my conversational skills but did little toward getting Thing #7 published.

The Social Studies teachers used Google Earth the week before Winter Break so I knew a little bit about it, and I had used Google Scholar in attempts to locate obscure articles for teachers, but I decided to please myself with the Google Tools assignment and created three Google Alerts: Metallica, WWE, and Houston Ballet. You will be glad to know that all three entities are thriving--I have kept up with breaking news!

My first Google Alert arrived this morning. I just love getting mail about something I enjoy! Although I hadn't planned to make a curriculum connection, I did! Was it the Music Department? Nope. The Physics Department!



Guardian Unlimited - UKTheir music may be the scourge of parents, but the thrashing guitars of heavy metal bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden could help explain the mysteries of ...See all stories on this topic


So--tonight I am sitting in my rocker listening to Metallica and contemplating String Theory. Oh, yeah.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Metallica? I love it! I see you plan to ride motorcycles, too. I'll have to go through my Galveston Rally pics and post a couple on my blog--my boyfriend and I love to ride!


BTW..yes, I'll be posting plenty about books I'm reading. I'm on the Tayshas committee and plan (hope) to post about everything I'm reading for that.

VWB said...

Rocking chair and Metallica...that makes for an interesting oxymoron, if not contemplation!

Dyslexic Mystery Lover said...

Rock on!!! I love Metallica, but wasn't sure if I should share that bit of info, ha!!!