Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Thing #8: All Googled Out

Following directions is for linear sequential people; I like to jump around. Maybe that is why I get confused! Anyway, I made friends with Google Reader and added blog sites and RSS feeds. This is WAY too much information to digest at one time. That is why Google Reader is such a great idea. I can read what I want when I want.

I am sharing three items that appealed to me: a video of a volcano eruption; a video about climbing Everest; and, a news item about malaria. My favorite is the Everest video, although it is rather long. I have just finished reading Peak (couldn't find the underliner and didn't look very hard) which is about a teen whose father is an Everest guide and renowned climber. Dad wants his son to become the youngest person to climb Everest. I have read a handful of books about Everest and the people who climbed it (him? her?) and thought this was a credible novel for YAs. I would use the video, or a bit of it, as a hook. Oh, I know how to climb Everest, but I would need to borrow a different body!

1 comment:

VWB said...

So are you an armchair climber like I am a couch potato survivor?

I need a tutorial lesson with you on this shared reader thing..I have missed something somewhere and it is too cool on your (and everyone else's) blog

The Frog