Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #11: LibraryThing

I loved playing around with LibraryThing! When I first read that we had to catalog our books, I thought, "We don't do enough cataloging as it is? Now we're going to catalog our own books?" Imagine my delight when I realized that our lists of books could link us to others with the same tastes in literature! Yes! There really are people out there who read the same fascinating disease and disaster books that I do! Weirdos of the world, unite!

I did find a group, Read YA Lit, that has some excellent suggestions and comments that I can use. The group has over 1100 members so it should prove a valuable resource. As I read and study further, perhaps I will be able to use a LibraryThing widget to feature new books on my library's website, which is another thing I need to be working on--guess I'll call it Thing #24!

2 comments:

LibraryChica said...

I noticed that you are the Anime sponsor for your school. I would love to hear what you do with your kids. Some students talked me into sponsoring them and I am looking for fun things to do with them. I am also participating in 23 things, my blog is Porter Library.

VWB said...

I was scrolling thru your collection and there it was...Who Was The Woman Who Wore the Hat...what a powerfully pack little book...it is so powerful that I can not use it in demos or presentations very often because I can't stay "focused"...how nice to revisit a special friend...BTW we need to have a f2f book talk soon I think!